The School’s Management Team shall ensure a fair and reasonable refund policy is detailed for any payments made.
Time taken to process all refund requests will be done within 7 working days.
Computation of the refund amount is to be communicated to the students.
The school is to maintain a List of Refunds, which is to be updated within 3 days after processing of the refund.
The refund policy and procedure is to be reviewed at least once a year by the Independent Internal Auditor during the IPRAA.
The School adopts the Refund Policy as per the Standard Student Contract as set out by CPE. This Policy will act as a framework in guiding the implementation of detailed refund processes and procedures in the following areas:-
- Refund for Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course
- Refund for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons
- Cooling off Period
School Refund Policy as per clauses in the Standard Student Contract: –
Refund for Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course:
The PEI will notify the Student within three (3) working days upon knowledge of any of the following:
- It does not commence the Course on the Course Commencement Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Commencement Date;
- It does not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Completion Date;
- It has not ensured that the Student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by the organisation stated in Schedule A of the standard student contract within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
- The Student’s Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
The Student should be informed in writing of alternative study arrangements (if any), and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees already paid should the Student decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the above notice.
Refund for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons:
If the Student withdraws from the Course for any reason other than those stated in Clause 2.1 of the standard student contract, the PEI will, within seven (7) working days of receiving the Student’s written notice of withdrawal, refund to the Student an amount based on the table in Schedule D of the standard student contract.
Refund during Cooling-off Period:
The PEI will provide the Student with a cooling-off period of seven (7) working days after the date that the Contract has been signed by both parties.
The Student will be refunded the highest percentage (stated in Schedule D of the Standard Student Contract) of the fees already paid if the Student submits a written notice of withdrawal to the PEI within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the Student has started the course or not.
% of [the amount of fees paid under Schedules B and C]
If Student’s written notice of withdrawal is received:
|[80%]||more than  days before the Course Commencement Date|
|[70%]||before, but not more than  days before the Course Commencement Date|
|[40%]||after, but not more than  days after the Course Commencement Date|
|[20%]||More than  days after the Course Commencement Date, but not more than  days after the Commencement Date|
|[0%]||More than  days after the Course Commencement Date|
Non Refundable Fees : –
- Late Payment Fee
- Re-Exam Fee
- Locker Fee
- Instalment Fee
- Course Transfer Fee
- Exam Appeal Fee
- Deferment Fee
- Laboratory Fee
- Medical Insurance Premium
- Merchant Fee (NETS / China Union)
- Application Fee
- Medical Check-Up Fee
- Multiple-Entry Visa Application Fee
- ICA Processing Fee, Student’s Pass Issuance Fee and Multiple-Entry Visa Fee
Conditions where a course may be cancelled:
- The intake does not meet a minimum enrolment of 3 students
- The teacher is suddenly hospitalized and a substitute teacher cannot be found.