This course prepares students for the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Examination, the same examination sat for by the local Secondary 4/5 students (16-17 years old) in Singapore Government schools. The full ‘O’ Level certificate is recognised worldwide. With this qualification, students can continue to pursue post-secondary education in local polytechnics or junior colleges in Singapore. They can also choose to pursue their studies in the Commonwealth countries and other countries.
Our preparatory course subject content is based on the Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board Syllabuses for the offered subjects and is reviewed regularly to ensure currency. Hanbridge Institute ensures that our teachers are trained quality educators familiar with the ‘O’ Level Examinations to help bring our students to their fullest potential.
The GCE ‘O’ Level Preparatory Course runs on both a FULL TIME and PART TIME basis. Each course lasts for a period of 1-2 years depending on the student’s English proficiency.
Mondays to Fridays (Excluding Public Holidays); Morning session: 9.00 am to 12.00 pm; Afternoon session: 1.00 pm to 4.00 pm
- Students aged 15 years or above as of 1st January in the year of registration for the GCE ‘O’ Level examinations are eligible for this programme
- Level of entry based on proficiency test for English, Mathematics, and Science
Achieved English at Secondary 2 equivalence in Singapore
75% for Local Students; 90% for International Students
Not applicable as students taking external examination – GCE Ordinary Level Examination.
Our GCE ‘O’ Level preparatory course syllabus is structured based on the Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board Syllabuses for the following subjects: English, Mathematics, Additional Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Principles of Accounts.
- 1128 English (Core): The English module will include Writing, Comprehension, Listening and Oral Communication skills at the first language proficiency.
- 4048 Mathematics (Core): The Mathematics module will include key concepts and content knowledge like Numbers and Algebra, Geometry and Measurement, Statistics and Probability.
- 4049 Additional Mathematics (Elective): Additional mathematics includes application of content knowledge inclusive of Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Calculus.
- 6091 Physics (Elective): Physics includes content knowledge like Measurement, Newtonian Mechanics, Thermal Physics, Waves, Electricity and Magnetism.
- 6092 Chemistry (Elective):Chemistry includes Experimental Chemistry, Atomic Structure and Stoichiometry, Chemistry of Reactions, Periodicity, Atmosphere and Organic Chemistry.
- 7087 Principles of Accounts (Elective): Principles of Accounts includes Role of Accounting, Double Entry System of Book-Keeping, Accounting Procedures, Fundamentals of Preparing the Final Accounts, Preparation of Final Accounts, Analysis and Interpretation of Final Accounts.
Students enrolled may choose three elective subjects from the list to fulfil the full ‘O’ Level certification together with the two core subjects.
Complete syllabus can be found at:
Please see here for fees for the 2024 intake.