The postgraduate qualification is designed as a level 7 qualification, the same level as a Master's, and provides students with the knowledge and abilities to develop analytical and strategic management skills most needed in running a business or business units for managers, directors, and business owners. The course will also provide a solid foundation for further postgraduate studies, such as an MBA or a Masters degree in a variety of business disciplines.
Why Study Postgraduate Diploma in Business Innovation ?
- Short duration for busy executives
The course aims to develop analytical and strategic management skills on four of the most important business modules, allowing students to respond effectively to the challenges of a global business environment and to broaden the range of management responsibilities they undertake.
- Acquire practical and transferrable skills immediately
As a result of this course, students will have a more sophisticated understanding of the complex nature of organizations and how they function. It teaches the transferable evaluation and analysis skills required of senior management through practice-based learning taught by practitioners-turned-lecturers.
- Enable you to gain a Masters Degree with module exemptions
Students who completed the course successfully, and as part of the existing partnership arrangement with Hanbridge Institute, the University of Suffolk, UK (UOS), UOS has approved the Hanbridge Institute Postgraduate Diploma in Business Innovation (Level 7) as an articulation route into UOS MBA and MSc International Business and Management programmes.
6 months full-time; 9 months part-time
Mondays to Fridays (Exclusive Public Holidays); Morning session: 9.00 am to 12.00 pm; Afternoon session: 1.00 pm to 4.00 pm
- Minimum age : 18 year old
- Bachelor’s degree (2nd Class Honours degree or its equivalent);
- Ordinary degree with two years of working experience;
- Diploma or Advanced diploma or equivalent and at least 30 years of age with minimum 8 years of working experience (including three years supervisory and managerial experience);
- at least 30 years of age with minimum 8 years of working experience (including 5 years of supervisory and managerial experience)
- Local Applicants: Language Proficiency: Minimum C6 in English Language at GCE ‘O’ Level
- International Applicants: Language Proficiency: IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
*All applicants whose English language level do not meet the minimum requirement can sit for an English Proficiency assessment to determine their English Language proficiency level.
Exemptions & Scholarships
Students who successfully completed the Postgraduate Diploma in Business Innovation will gain exemptions to the above modules with University of Suffolk, UK MBA and MSc International Business and Management modules.
The course is based on business-entrepreneurial centric philosophy coupled with a powerful and rigorous curriculum that offers our student better employability, career and education progressions. The programme is designed to enable students to:
- To sustain and grow business organisations, develop strategic thinking skills inrelation to a business environment.
- Understand modern management concepts and skills that are currently in use,as well as how they will impact future business.
- Expand your knowledge and skills in critical areas such as marketing, finance, organisational behaviour, and research.
- PGD 1: Financial Management for Business
This module investigates the importance of financial management in business. As a company grows and matures, more capital will be required to fund its expansion. These financial requirements must be planned for and budgeted for. Financial managers and business owners decide whether to fund expansion internally or borrow from external lenders. Financial management knowledge and skills must be applied with a thorough understanding of the subject in order to properly control, allocate, and obtain a company's assets and liabilities, including monitoring operational financing items such as expenditures, revenues, accounts receivable and payable, cash flow, and profitability.
- PGD2: Strategic Marketing for International Business Growth
This module provides in-depth knowledge and skills in strategic marketing, including analysis, planning, strategy formulation, and managing customer and stakeholder relationships to create value for the business and its stakeholders. It entailed learning how to deliver core corporate goals, market shares, and mind shares to targeted customer segments through value propositions. This module focuses on the creation of customer-centric integrated marketing strategies for all business sectors and industries.
- PGD 3: Leadership and Organisational Behaviour
This module looks into workplace human behaviour and how it affects job structure, performance, communication, motivation, and leadership, among other things. It is the systematic study and application of knowledge about how individuals and groups behave within the organisations in which they work, with a focus on people, responsibility, and technology, as well as the development of human capital needs.
- PGD 4: Managing Innovation and Creativity
This module introduces students to the concept of design thinking and approaches to innovation in various categories of products and services. It equips students with related knowledge and innovative thinking for future organisational, business, product, and service development. Design thinking is an effective problem-solving method that begins with identifying unmet customer needs. This realisation sparks an innovation process that includes idea generation, applied creativity, prototyping, and experimentation.
Application Fees of S$535.00 with GST is payable